Monday, February 25, 2008

BALANCE

There are some days when I feel like all my children do is fight with each other and with me, disobey, throw tantrums, etc. I feel like I don't even see them because they spend so much time in Time Out. I am tempted to think, "This is not what I signed up for when we decided to have kids. Kids are supposed to be fun and enjoyable, and siblings are supposed to play nicely together and, therefore, make my job easier."

Motherhood is tougher than I thought it would be. But, the rewards are amazing. I think about those little kisses on my cheek, my oldest lisping that she loves me, my little one running into a room just to give me a hug and then racing back to her play. I look at all the potential packed into those little bundles of energy - all the compassion and humor and imagination and intelligence.

I may not get out much, and I may have an elevated stress level most of the time, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!!!

No comments: