Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WE HAVE ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL POOING

Big Daddy and Grampy are building a workshop in the shed out back. Bean and Cakes enjoy watching them work with the wood and power tools. Last night, Bean came running in from the shed, yelling, "I'm going poopy! I'm going poopy!"

Now, let me preface with the fact that she has been announcing that for the better part of two days, but her toilet efforts have been fruitless. So, I wasn't in a big hurry until I looked at her. She was doing the classic "poopy stance," bent forward with her rear out. I quickly got her onto the potty, where she screamed hysterically for a few minutes that she wanted a diaper. Then she started trying to reason with me by saying, "I'm only three. I'm not big, I'm little." She ended by simply stating, "I can't do it. I'm scared." I pulled her off the potty, steeling myself for another screaming attempt later.

To everyone's utter surprise, there was a poopy in the potty! Somewhere in all the screaming and reasoning and self-doubting, Bean had managed to go on the potty again!

We cheered, we had everyone come to the bathroom for a good look, we baked a cake in Bean's honor. Whatever it takes to keep the poopy in the potty and out of the diaper!

5 comments:

Oceanchild said...

You have to realize I"m laughing at every poopy post lately. I don't think I'm looking forward to it at all, but I love your stories...

Kat said...

"I'm too little!" That is just the cutest! hehehe

I remember my Joey looking at me from the toilet and saying, "I so sad, mommy. I so sad." Poor kids.

Life in the Crazy Lane said...

Kathryn - that's so funny! You know, you would think it would make them more sad to sit in piles of their own excrement ... *grin*

Muthering Heights said...

Wahoooo! I hope she keeps it up!

life, in recipes said...

LG (who just turned 3 at the end of August) just recently turned the corner on the potty pooping. He's had a couple of accidents (to be expected), but for the most part, he's there. It's such a control thing for them - once he figured out that he could decide when to go and where, it just clicked in his brain (we're still using a small training potty that he can get to without help, and that makes a huge difference)

Sounds like your little one is getting there, too. I love the "I'm too little" comment - that's classic!