Monday, January 26, 2009

RLS

Each pregnancy, I get wonderful Restless Leg Syndrome. With each baby, I've spent my nights kicking and moving around in an attempt to stop the "tinglies" in my lower extremeties. The RLS never appears when I am without child. And the wonderful medicine that has been invented to counteract RLS is not to be taken when you're pregnant.

The tinglies began again a few weeks ago - that horrible, creepy-crawly, need-to-run-a-marathon-right-this-instant feeling. But, I have discovered the secret to putting an end to my RLS. I sleep on the floor. How did I discover this? Well ....

I tend to have low blood pressure. I mean low. My previous family doctor routinely asked me if I was comatose after taking my blood pressure. Last night, my father took my blood pressure because I was feeling a little shaky. My pressure was 96/53. So, as you can imagine, I'm pretty tired by the end of the day. I often end up falling asleep on the floor of the cherubs' bedroom while I'm trying to get them into bed. The down side is that my pregnant self spends the night on a floor. The up side is that I sleep very well.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

:) Glad you found a "solution."

Kat said...

Well, I guess the floor will be your new bed, huh? But how does your back handle that?