Thursday, June 5, 2008

MY LITTLEST HELPER

Cakes is my second, my baby. Being the second of three children myself, I am well acquainted with Middle Child Syndrome. So, I try to give her extra attention whenever possible.

Typically, she will wake up before Bean, so we have some alone time. She loves to help out with chores around the house. She tried to help us clean our poor, algae-stricken pool ...


She helped me so much on the computer that I had to break out her Fisher Price Fun 2 Learn Laughtop (best gift ever, thank you Tanya!) ...


She patiently unfolds and piles on the living room floor each of the three loads of laundry I do daily ...


She also likes to help cook, sweep the floors, and diaper our ancient Cocker Spaniel (who really doesn't take too kindly to being diapered).

But, as frustrating as it is to have every task take three or four times as long as it should take, to have to re-do most chores the correct way, I will always choose toddler help over quick and efficient by myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, as frustrating as it is, I'm sure she'll have some special memories of that time together!