Tuesday, December 2, 2008

MOMMA LOVE - LITERALLY ...

My friend Tanya started this carnival to highlight those wonderful Mommy moments that we have in the midst of all that fun stuff like disciplining and enduring tantrums, etc. You don't have to have kids to participate; any feel-good story is welcome.

Bean is at that age where she takes things very literally. Since I've been in the throes of morning (afternoon, evening) sickness, my mom has been kind enough to cook for us and spare me the horrifying sights and smells that make my stomach churn. One night, we sat down to a tasty and particularly creative meal. We were all showing our appreciation to Grammy for her culinary prowess. I piped up with something like, "This meal was a great idea, Momma!"

Bean's head shot up and she said, "Momma?"

I said, "Yes."

She said, "You're talking to yourself?"

This led to a discussion of the abstract concepts of all the different roles that one person can have. Which led to a discussion about who my children resemble. Grampy looked at Cakes and said to me, "She looks like you for all the world. I just can't get over it!"

I said, "I know. And Bean looks a lot like her Daddy. She has his nose."

Again, Bean's head shot up from her plate, and her little face was twisted into a horrified expression. "I have Daddy's nose?!" Then, her voice cracked a little and her eyes welled with tears. "I don't want Daddy's nose!"

I can only imagine what was going through her mind as I laughingly assured her that Daddy's nose was safe and sound on Daddy's face, and that Bean had her own nose.

I love watching their little minds develop, and hearing their original thoughts!

For more mommy moments, and to leave a nice mommy moment of your own, check out In the Dailies.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I love this story! You know Laurie Berkner's song "Me and My Energy?" Well, Zach was singing his own version this week: "This is me. This is me. This is me and my effigy!" :)

Kat said...

Haha! That is so cute.
My boys and I had the same discussion but with their eyes. "I don't have daddy's eyes, I have MY eyes!"

Muthering Heights said...

LOL! Kid logic is so funny!

Kara said...

Too cute. I remember people telling me I had my Dad's nose and forever I believed God had messed up and really given me my Dad's nose, LOL.