Thursday, April 2, 2009

SWEET BIRDIE

The cherubs were out at the compost pile (aka the wormy horse poo pile) with Grampy yesterday. They rode out with him on the lawn tractor and were playing in our little patch of trees while Grampy shoveled compost (aka wormy horse poo) into the wagon for spreading on our soon-to-be-planted garden.

Suddenly, Bean came up to Grampy with a very sad look on her face. In one hand was the body of a dead bird. In the other hand was the head of the dead bird. She said, "Grampy, Cakes broke my bird."

Ah, country life. Yes, I was a little disturbed to think that my youngest decapitated a dead bird. It wasn't the first time she's dismembered something dead, but it's still gross. Then, later, I realized that Bean had been playing with the dead bird before its decapitation.

So, the cherubs spent a lot of time in the tub yesterday ....

2 comments:

Kat said...

Yikes! That gives me the willies.

Tanya said...

You left out the best part: Grampy's enthusiastic reaction. :) This story *almost* makes me glad we DON'T live in the country.