Friday, October 10, 2008

CAKES' FRAYED NERVES

Last year, we got Bean and Cakes the Fisher Price Twin Time Loving Family dollhouse for Christmas.


It's in their playroom and it gets a lot of use. The girls will spend hours sitting behind the dollhouse, hidden from view, playing house with the little dolls. It's a great and surefire way to keep them from fighting for a significant period of time.

Last night, the girls were thoroughly engrossed in playing house. I usually watch them from the bonus room (they get irritable when I interject in their personal playtime, but nervous if they're upstairs by themselves), but I had to run downstairs for something. So, I sent Big Daddy upstairs to keep an eye on them. The cherubs were so involved in their play, that they didn't see Big Daddy come into the room. Big Daddy took this opportunity to get a little closer and enjoy watching his offspring at play. So, he crawled over to the dollhouse and peeked at them through the door.

The girls continued to play together, oblivious to his presence, until Cakes looked up and saw this ...


And this is how Cakes responded ...


(Thank you, YouTube, for this family-friendly parody for this family-friendly blog).

I think my youngest may be a bit on the high-strung side ...

6 comments:

Kat said...

Hahaha! That is too funny. hehehe
And now I want and Audi. ;)

I love your kiddie quotes on your sidebar. My fav is the "Anybody want a peanut?" from Princess Bride. I love quoting that movie. :)

Anonymous said...

Funny! Love the pic too!

Oceanchild said...

I might have the same reaction!

Muthering Heights said...

Poor little thing!

Kara said...

That is great!

Tanya said...

I love it -- especially the pic of Big Daddy in the window. That's too funny!!