Thursday, October 9, 2008

MORE ON POO

Do the poo stories ever end when you have toddlers?

Bean did a great job on the potty the other day. She let me know she had to go, and she performed well (and quickly) with no stagefright or tantrums. It's yet another milestone in the Poo Chronicles. I keep hoping we've finally turned that corner, where poopy on the potty becomes a normal part of her everyday existence and not some torture that she must endure on a regular basis.

And on to Cakes. She and Bean did some puddle jumping yesterday. Needless to say, they were quite muddy when they were done. So, I stripped them down on the back porch, and shuttled them into the bathtub. Then, I settled down in the living room where I could keep an eye on them and get some knitting done.

About ten minutes into the bath, Bean calmly called, "Hey, Mom! Poopy!"

I got up and walked toward the bathroom, thinking that she wanted some help getting settled on the potty so she could have a go. That was not the case. Bean was standing at one end of the tub, and Cakes was standing in the middle of the tub, dropping ... um ... little gifts into the bath water. I was surprised at the calmness of the whole scene.

So, after suggesting to Cakes that the potty was a better place to go poopy than the bath tub, I got the kids out and dressed. And spent the rest of the day listening to my giggling cherubs discuss what happened during their bath that day.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

We have a great picture of our grandson hanging from the handbar and perched on the edge of the tub as he tries to get away from a "turd" that he had left in the water. LOL

Muthering Heights said...

Oh GROSS!!!! Poop in the bathtub is the worst!

Kat said...

Hahaha. I wonder how I've managed to miss that happening with my boys in the bath. Hmmm.