Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TRY IT OUT TUESDAY - DAVIS QUEAZ AWAY TRAVELER'S WRISTBAND

So, I'm about 5-7 weeks pregnant. I'm not sure exactly how far along I am, because I wasn't keeping track of anything when the plus sign appeared in the stick. So, my best estimate is 5-7 weeks.

And, boy, am I nauseous!!!! The other day, I stood over a sinkful of dishes, gagging while I tried to load the dishwasher. I have to hold my breath in certain sections of the supermarket. I should invest in any company that makes ginger snap cookies.

Now, I didn't want to resort to prescription medication, but I didn't want to dry-heave my way through the next eight weeks or so, either. So, I tried Davis Queaz Away Traveler's Wristband. It's designed to control nausea through pressure points on the wrist. Now, I'm not going to say that the wristbands are some miracle cure that has me doing cartwheels on the front lawn; but, I will say that they have made quite a dent in my morning (afternoon, evening) sickness. I have a faint sensation of nausea, but I can do dishes and shop and take care of my cherubs without the constant fear of throwing up (and, let me tell you, I would rather lose my left arm than throw up - I hate throwing up!).


I take them off when I sleep or shower, but other than that, I wear them constantly. They have been a life-saver!

For more Try It Out Tuesday ideas, check out Muthering Heights.

6 comments:

Kat said...

I saw that on TV. I can't believe it works! Wow! That's awesome!

natasha said...

congrats!!!! i have been so busy i haven't been able to read up but i think this is fantastic news! well not the nausea part. i took a prenatal vitamin that was prescribed called prememsis during all three of my pregnancies and i think it was amazing. worth a try!

natasha said...

p.s. you didn't put up a pic of the test like all the other moms i know!

natasha said...

okay ignore that last comment. lol!

Small Town Mamma said...

My MIL uses similar wrist bands for travel sickness when she flies to see us. She swears by them too! As for ginger cookies, they worked with my first pregnancy but for some reason I can't even stand the sight of them this time around. Hubby says that must mean this is a boy (first baby a girl).

Muthering Heights said...

I'm glad they worked for you! I tried those the last time around, an all they did was put a dent in my wrist...